How to Read This Blog

The most recent post is listed first. If you are new to this blog, start with the first post which you will find in the left side bar under Blog Archive 5/16 - 5/23, then click on the first post.


Ahhh...the joy of smell

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Learn About Essential Oils #1 - The Beginning

Join me on my 1-yr. Journey to Learn About Essential Oils and Become Certified

This journey actually began on March 22nd with my first class. I only decided today to blog about it, so I will make several posts to bring you up-to-date. This will be a very personal experience that I will be sharing with you and hopefully you will learn a lot about what I'm learning. Of course, I cannot share everything with you here as it will get very complicated and I have to study a lot, but I will do my best to give you the jist of what I'm learning.

First of all, let me tell you something about my love of essential oils which began about 10 years ago. For many years I was a healing practitioner and essential oils were an "essential" part of my practice. I've integrated them into my family's life and frankly, at this point, don't know what I would do without them! I prefer the pure essential oils from Young Living Essential Oil company, because I know their sources, but there are other essential oils on the market that are also high quality. Let me just say for now, "Do Not Buy Cheap, Over-The-Counter Essential Oils". More on that later.

I guess I could say that after 10 years I know quite a bit about essential oil usage, however, there is so much more to learn and the course that I am taking will prepare me to take two different tests to get my certification as a Registered Aromatherapist. More on that later.

The course I am taking is a one year "test" course that is being offered to a small group of people (all women as it turns out) so that the teacher can video tape the course and make it a viable course for preparing for the tests to become certified. Consequently, we are her test students.

I will do my best to convey what we are learning and perhaps add some pictures, etc., as I go along. The posting will be labeled simply #1, #2, etc., with maybe a little description of what I'm relaying.

One more thing...I just created this blog today and haven't really had time to polish my theme or anything. I will work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment